Best Water Molecule Video for Kids
Facts about Water
Water is one of the most important resources in the world for the living life on the planet. The total amount of water on the earth is approximately 326 million cubic miles. 30% of the fresh water is in the ground. Around 780 million people lack access to an improved water source. The average human body is made of 65 to 70 percent water. At the time of birth, 80 percent of the infant’s body is made of water. A healthy person can drink about 48 cups (3 gallons) of water in a day. The recommended intake of water is 8 cups.
Fast Facts: –
- The chemical formula of water is H2 It has two elements, Hydrogen and Oxygen.
- Pure water has no smell or taste. Its pH level is also around 7 which is neither acidic nor basic.
- Approximately 70-75% of the earth’s surface is covered with water.
- 90% of the freshwater supply of earth is in the continent of Antarctica.
- The five oceans of the world are: – Pacific Ocean, Atlantic Ocean, Indian Ocean, Arctic Ocean and Southern Ocean.
- Water expands by 9% when it freezes.
- 97% of all the water present on earth is saltwater.
- Human body loses about 1% of the total water amount by the time a person starts feeling thirsty.
- An average American resident uses approximately 100 gallons of water every day.
- There are minimum 16 different phases of ice with different crystal structure.
- Hot water freezes faster than cold water.
- There is ice present on the poles of Moon, Mars and Mercury.
Cite This Page
You may cut-and-paste the below MLA and APA citation examples:
MLA Style Citation
Declan, Tobin. " Fun Facts about Water for Kids ." Easy Science for Kids, Nov 2019. Web. 13 Nov 2019. < https://easyscienceforkids.com/best-water-molecule-video-for-kids/ >.
APA Style Citation
Tobin, Declan. (2019). Fun Facts about Water for Kids. Easy Science for Kids. Retrieved from https://easyscienceforkids.com/best-water-molecule-video-for-kids/
Sponsored Links :