Bird Facts Video for Kids
Birds are warm blooded feathered creatures. There are more than 9,000 known species of birds. Some scientists believe that birds have evolved from theropods dinosaurs and chicken is the closest relative to the T. Rex. The world’s largest bird is Ostrich which can run at a speed of about 97 kph. It also lays the largest eggs.
Fun Facts: –
- Birds have hollow bones which help them to fly.
- Archaeopteryx is known as the oldest bird which lived about 150 million years ago.
- Hummingbird’s egg is the smallest bird’s egg in the world.
- Hummingbird can fly backwards.
- Kiwi, also known as ‘honorary mammal’ is the only wingless bird in the entire world. It is found in New Zealand.
- Birds cannot sweat so they use about 75% of the air they breathe, to cool themselves down.
- Ostrich, Penguin and dodo bird do not fly at all.
- Hooded Pitohui is the only known poisonous bird in the world. It is found in Papua, New Guinea.
- Worm eating birds, Bassian Thrushes find their food by farting.
- Most of the birds are monogamous.
- Birds have a fused collarbone which is also known as furcula.
- Most of the birds do not have bladders to store urine and they produce a white pasty substance instead of liquid urine.
- Approximately 4,000 bird species are regular migrants. They can reach great heights as they migrate.
- A village in India named Jatinga is famous as the valley of death for birds.
- Whistling swan is a bird that has the most feathers with a number 25,000.
Cite This Page
You may cut-and-paste the below MLA and APA citation examples:
MLA Style Citation
Declan, Tobin. " Fun Facts for Kids about Birds ." Easy Science for Kids, Nov 2019. Web. 19 Nov 2019. < https://easyscienceforkids.com/bird-facts-video-for-kids/ >.
APA Style Citation
Tobin, Declan. (2019). Fun Facts for Kids about Birds. Easy Science for Kids. Retrieved from https://easyscienceforkids.com/bird-facts-video-for-kids/
Sponsored Links :