Boxer dogs have powerful bodies, expressive face with a clownish sense of humor. The ancestors of this dog breed can be traced to the ancient Assyrians, as long ago as 2000 B.C. They are an intelligent and loyal pet.
They have a high need for companionship and exercise and should not be regularly left home alone because they can become destructive. Male individuals grow to about 65 centimeters and can weigh from about 30 to 36 kilograms. Females are slightly smaller than their male counterparts.
Quick Facts: –
- Boxer dogs have regal, distinctly shaped square heads. Their jaw is undershot and the muzzle blunt.
- These dogs have a relatively short lifespan. Their average life expectancy is about seven to ten years.
- They originated from Germany.
- In early times, boxers were used in the military to serve as messenger dogs, and act as attack and guard dogs.
- These dogs are prone to being born deaf and also to some heart and skin conditions.
- They are known for their loose lips and very wrinkly face which is a very distinctive feature of their breed.
- They have a short-haired coat and are most commonly fawn and brindle in color. Their belly and feet are generally white.
- They can prove as excellent service dog because of their innate attachment to humans and their intelligence.
- If raised together, then these dogs can get along well with other animals.