The Rottweiler is one of the more recognizable dog breeds because of his large head and solidly muscled body. This big dog has distinct black-and-tan markings. They have strong legs, a heavy torso, with a deep chest and a tail that is customarily docked.
This is one of the most ancient dog breeds. This breed is believed to be developed in 74 AD with the settlement of the 11th Legion which is a branch of the Roman Empire.
Quick Facts: –
- The modern Rottweiler can be usually observed in police, customs and army work etc.
- The American Rottweiler Club formed in 1973 and is the only Rottweiler club that’s a member of the AKC.
- These dogs rank in the top ten smartest dog breeds in the world.
- They are very intelligent and also very protective by their nature.
- Their original job was to protect cattle and other livestock. They can keep up with the sheepdogs and shepherds in the field.
- They must have training and socialization and they are generally very easy to train.
- They are very powerful dogs and they need to be taught when to use that power and when to stand down.
- Towards the middle of the 19th century, this dog breed almost went extinct.
- They have an impressively strong jaw with a bite force of 328 pounds.
- They have been bred as guard dogs, so they are known to form strong bonds with their owners.
- In spite of having a tough-looking exterior, this is a sensitive breed because of their close attachments to humans.
Cite This Page
You may cut-and-paste the below MLA and APA citation examples:
MLA Style Citation
Declan, Tobin. " All Facts for Kids about Rottweiler ." Easy Science for Kids, Sep 2019. Web. 16 Sep 2019. < https://easyscienceforkids.com/rottweiler-facts/ >.
APA Style Citation
Tobin, Declan. (2019). All Facts for Kids about Rottweiler. Easy Science for Kids. Retrieved from https://easyscienceforkids.com/rottweiler-facts/
Sponsored Links :