The Labrador Retriever is an active, friendly and outgoing dog breed. It is one of the most popular breeds around the world but specifically in America. They are sturdy, solid dogs, almost square in appearance, with a strong body and sturdy legs.
Just opposite to what their name suggests, Labradors aren’t from Labrador. They are from Newfoundland, Canada. There are three official coat colors for these dogs; Chocolate, Brown and Black.
Quick Facts: –
- Labrador Retriever is the dog breed which was originally used for fishing and they were bred to be the perfect water dogs.
- Their body is ideal for swimming as they have waterproof coat, webbed feet and an otter-like tail.
- These dogs are extremely athletic with great stamina and energy. They usually love to swim.
- The average lifespan of these dogs ranges somewhere from 10 to 13 years.
- They are descended from the St. John’s Water Dog, a breed which has gone to extinction now.
- They are fantastic workers and can have different jobs from family companion to search-and-rescue dog.
- They are usually good with other dogs, other pets, and children as long as they get plenty of exercise to burn off all that energy.
- These dogs are known for their ability to sprint. They can hit 12 miles an hour in just 3 seconds.
- Labrador Retriever is the most commonly-used breed for guide dogs.
- The oldest Labrador lived for 27 years and 3 months, from August 1936 to November 1963.
Cite This Page
You may cut-and-paste the below MLA and APA citation examples:
MLA Style Citation
Declan, Tobin. " Labrador Retriever Facts for Kids ." Easy Science for Kids, Jan 2021. Web. 21 Jan 2021. < https://easyscienceforkids.com/labrador-retriever/ >.
APA Style Citation
Tobin, Declan. (2021). Labrador Retriever Facts for Kids. Easy Science for Kids. Retrieved from https://easyscienceforkids.com/labrador-retriever/
We've recently added
- Microbiology Worksheet
- All About Microbiology
- Fingerprint Identification Experiment
- Forensic Science
- Stem Cells
- Stem Cell Worksheet
- Buffalo – Part of the Bovidae Family
- Buffalo Differences Worksheet
- Draw the Buffalo Worksheet
- Who invented it?
- Famous American Inventors (Top ten and their Inventions)
- Vaccines and Antibodies
Sponsored Links :