Centre Pompidou is an iconic complex building located in Paris, France. It is famous for its controversial architecture. The structure was designed in the style of high-tech architecture.
The main architectural team consisted of Richard Rogers and Renzo Piano, along with Gianfranco Franchini. Construction work started in April 1972 and work on the metal framework began in September 1974. It was opened to the public on February 2, 1977.
Quick Facts: –
- The Centre Pompidou covers 2 hectares with a total floor space of 103,305 square meters.
- The total cost of the construction of this complex was a staggering £58,800,000.
- It is a brain child of Georges Pompidou, then President of the French Republic. The building was named after him.
- It houses the Musee National d’Art Moderne, the largest and most important museum of modern art in Europe.
- This museum contains more than 50,000 works of art, including paintings, sculptures, drawings and photography.
- The collection makes it the second largest collection of contemporary art in the world, after the Museum of Modern Art in New York.
- In 2010, a provincial branch of the Centre Pompidou, known as the Centre Pompidou-Metz was opened in Metz.
- The Centre Pompidou has a total of 7 above the ground floors which are made of steel and glass along with 3 underground floors.
- It houses two libraries, the Public Information Library which is accessible to the public free of charge and second, the Kandinsky library.
- The Public Information Library has a huge collection of almost 500,000 books.
Cite This Page
You may cut-and-paste the below MLA and APA citation examples:
MLA Style Citation
Declan, Tobin. " Centre Pompidou Fun Facts for Kids ." Easy Science for Kids, Jan 2021. Web. 25 Jan 2021. < https://easyscienceforkids.com/centre-pompidou/ >.
APA Style Citation
Tobin, Declan. (2021). Centre Pompidou Fun Facts for Kids. Easy Science for Kids. Retrieved from https://easyscienceforkids.com/centre-pompidou/
We've recently added
- Microbiology Worksheet
- All About Microbiology
- Fingerprint Identification Experiment
- Forensic Science
- Stem Cells
- Stem Cell Worksheet
- Buffalo – Part of the Bovidae Family
- Buffalo Differences Worksheet
- Draw the Buffalo Worksheet
- Who invented it?
- Famous American Inventors (Top ten and their Inventions)
- Vaccines and Antibodies
Sponsored Links :