Cornstarch Experiment Facts for Kids Video
Cornstarch experiment is one of the most fun and interesting science projects for kids. A mixture of cornstarch and water make something that is known as a suspension. It looks like a liquid and acts like a liquid until a force is applied to it. This mixture is known as Oobleck. Oobleck is a non-Newtonian fluid. It is made up of tiny, solid particles. When you just tap on it then it will act like a solid surface. If you try to push your fingers slowly then you will be able to push it like a liquid because you are giving enough time to particles to move. You can make Oobleck yourself as well.
- 1 cup of water
- 5-2 cups of cornstarch
- Mixing bowl
- Food coloring (optional)
- Take the cornstarch in the mixing bowl.
- Add the water to it and stir well.
- If you want your Oobleck to be colorful then you can add food coloring as well.
- Keep adding water until it feels like a liquid when you are mixing it slowly.
- Now your magic slime is ready. You can squeeze, scoop, and squish it slowly.
Oobleck is different from all typical liquids or solids. This fluid acts more like quicksand than water.
Cite This Page
You may cut-and-paste the below MLA and APA citation examples:
MLA Style Citation
Declan, Tobin. " Facts for Kids about Cornstarch Experiment ." Easy Science for Kids, Dec 2018. Web. 10 Dec 2018. < https://easyscienceforkids.com/cornstarch-experiment-facts-for-kids-video/ >.
APA Style Citation
Tobin, Declan. (2018). Facts for Kids about Cornstarch Experiment. Easy Science for Kids. Retrieved from https://easyscienceforkids.com/cornstarch-experiment-facts-for-kids-video/
We've recently added
- Syria Worksheet and Quiz
- Samoa Worksheet and Quiz
- Neil Armstrong Worksheet and Quiz
- Mount Everest Worksheet and Quiz
- Henry Hudson Worksheet and Quiz
- Guatemala Worksheet and Quiz
- Cleopatra Worksheet and Quiz
- Carl Linnaeus Worksheet and Quiz
- Canada Worksheet and Quiz
- Turtle Worksheet and Quiz
- Saudi Arabia Worksheet and Quiz
- Poland Worksheet and Quiz
Sponsored Links :