Edwin Hubble Video for Kids
Edwin Powell Hubble was one of the most influential astronomers of his time. He was born on November 20, 1889 in Missouri. His parents were John Hubble and Virginia Hubble. Edwin Hubble is best known for revolutionizing astronomy. The Hubble Space Telescope was named after him.
Quick Facts: –
- He determined that there are other galaxies in the Universe other than the Milky Way.
- He was researching Andromeda Nebulae, the small, fuzzy patches of light.
- In 1924, he announced the discovery of a variable star in Nebulae. He calculated the distance of this Cepheid.
- In 1990, NASA launched the Hubble Space Telescope.
- He is best known for a concept known as Hubble’s Law. This law states that the other galaxies are moving away from the Milky Way and the moving speed is directly proportional to their distance from it.
- Hubble made a large number of contributions in the field of astronomy but he never received noble prize for his works.
- He began his professional life as a lawyer.
- Edwin was also a basketball player and boxer.
- He 1924, he married Grace Burke in Pasadena.
- He also served as a soldier in World War I.
- On September 28, 1953, he died at the age of 63.
Cite This Page
You may cut-and-paste the below MLA and APA citation examples:
MLA Style Citation
Declan, Tobin. " Fun Edwin Hubble facts for kids ." Easy Science for Kids, Apr 2020. Web. 08 Apr 2020. < https://easyscienceforkids.com/edwin-hubble-video-for-kids/ >.
APA Style Citation
Tobin, Declan. (2020). Fun Edwin Hubble facts for kids. Easy Science for Kids. Retrieved from https://easyscienceforkids.com/edwin-hubble-video-for-kids/
We've recently added
- Iodine Clock Reaction
- Make Homemade Fizzy Lemonade
- Make Rock Candy
- Ocean Acidification Experiment
- How To Build a Popsicle Stick Catapult
- How To Make Floating Paper Clips
- Animal Blubber Simulation
- How To Make an Edible Water Bottle!
- Hourglass Dolphin
- Atlantic Spotted Dolphin
- Hector’s Dolphin
- Dusky Dolphin
Sponsored Links :