Famous Astronomers Video for Kids
Mankind has been wondering what is beyond our own planet. A person who studies objects which are found in space such as planets, stars, galaxies etc. is called an astronomer. This video reveals a lot of interesting facts about some famous astronomers and their contribution to the field of astronomy.
- Nicolaus Copernicus: – Nicolaus Copernicus was born in 1473 in Poland. He was an influential astronomer of his time. He was the one to introduce the Heliocentric Theory. The theory says that the Earth is not the center of the universe and movement of all the planets are directly affected by the Sun. He proposed a model of the solar system that involved our planet, the Earth revolving around the sun.
- Claudius Ptolemy: – Claudius Ptolemy was an Egyptian astronomer. He proposed a geocentric model which is now known as Ptolemaic system. The Almagest was his first major astronomical work which contains all the reports of astronomical observations made by him.
- Johannes Kepler: – He was a German astronomer. Kepler was the first one who explained the motion of the planets of our solar system completely. His first law of planetary motion states that planets travel in ellipses. Like Nicolaus Copernicus, Kepler also believed in heliocentric solar system. Johannes Kepler also explained how the moon influenced tides.
- Galileo Galilei: – Galileo Galilei was born in Italy in 1564. He was the one who created optical telescope. He discovered the rings of Saturn and four primary moons of Jupiter which are also known as Galilean moons. He is also known as the father of observational astronomy.
Cite This Page
You may cut-and-paste the below MLA and APA citation examples:
MLA Style Citation
Declan, Tobin. " Fun facts for kids about famous astronomers ." Easy Science for Kids, Jul 2020. Web. 09 Jul 2020. < https://easyscienceforkids.com/famous-astronomers-video-for-kids/ >.
APA Style Citation
Tobin, Declan. (2020). Fun facts for kids about famous astronomers. Easy Science for Kids. Retrieved from https://easyscienceforkids.com/famous-astronomers-video-for-kids/
We've recently added
- How To Build a Winogradsky Column and Learn About Soil Science
- Potato Light Bulb Experiment
- How To Use Friction to Pick Up Bottle of Rice
- How To Make Popcorn Dance
- Vinegar and Baking Soda Fire Extinguisher
- Power of Bleach
- Comparing Surface Tension of Liquids with Pennies
- Ice Cream Chemistry
- Using Distillation to Purify Water
- Filter Water with Dirt
- Build a Balloon Barometer
- Build Your Very Own Seismograph
Sponsored Links :