Facts About Cats for Kids Video
Facts about Cats
Cats are one of the most popular pets in the world. There are more than 500 million domestic cats in the world. There are approximately 33 different breeds. A cat can run at a speed of 31 miles per hour. Their brain is very much similar to human brain. Your feline friends sleep for 16 hours in a day. Each cat has a unique nose print. They greet each other by rubbing their noses together. They are lactose intolerant so they should not be given milk to drink. The world’s largest cat measured 48.5 inches in length.
Quick Facts: –
- A cat can jump up to six times its own length.
- They can move their ears 180 degrees and also each ear separately.
- The oldest breed of cat is the Egyptian Mau. It is also the fastest pedigreed cat.
- The first cat in space was French. Its name was Felicette. She actually survived the trip.
- Approximately 40,000 people are bitten by cats in the United States every year.
- Cats have a better sense of hearing as compared to dogs. They can hear ultrasonic sounds as well.
- They have five toes on their front paws and four toes on their back paws.
- A male cat is called tom, female cat is called molly and their babies are called kittens. A group of adult cats is known as clowder.
- Most of the kittens are born with blue eyes. They start dreaming when they are a week old.
- They have scent glands along their tail, forehead, lips, chin and the underside of their front paws.
- Their shoulders are attached to their forelimbs by free-floating clavicle bones that allow them to squeeze through small spaces.
Cite This Page
You may cut-and-paste the below MLA and APA citation examples:
MLA Style Citation
Declan, Tobin. " Fun Facts for Kids about Cats ." Easy Science for Kids, Oct 2019. Web. 20 Oct 2019. < https://easyscienceforkids.com/facts-about-cats-for-kids-video/ >.
APA Style Citation
Tobin, Declan. (2019). Fun Facts for Kids about Cats. Easy Science for Kids. Retrieved from https://easyscienceforkids.com/facts-about-cats-for-kids-video/
Sponsored Links :