Facts About Dogs Video for Kids
Facts about Dogs
There are more than 150 dog breeds that exist in the world. These breeds are divided into 8 different classes: – working, terrier, sporting, non-sporting, herding, hound, toy and miscellaneous. A dog’s nose print is unique, similar to a human’s fingerprint. Dogs’ eyes have a particular part called the tapetum lucidum that gives them better night vision. An average adult dog has 42 teeth. Dogs have an average body temperature 101.2°F. Each dog has its own unique characteristics and personality. Your dog’s sense of smell is more than 1 million times stronger than you.
Quick Facts: –
- Obesity is the most common problem in dogs.
- Dogs have sweat glands only in their paws. Their paws generally smell like corn chips.
- A dog is as smart as a 2 years old baby and can recognize around 150 words and gestures.
- Their whiskers work as their sensing device and help them to see better at night.
- A dog has at least 18 muscles in one ear that is approximately double of a human.
- Dalmatian puppies are born completely white and develop their spots over time.
- Dogs dream the similar way a human being does.
- An average dog can run about 19 miles per hour at their maximum speed.
- Most of the people believe that dogs are colour blind which is not true but they see limited colours.
- Dogs have three eyelids.
- Dogs are being kept as pets for 12,000 long years.
- A puppy is born blind, deaf and toothless.
- According to an estimate, there are more than 400 million dogs in the world.
- The average lifespan of a dog is around 10-14 years.
Cite This Page
You may cut-and-paste the below MLA and APA citation examples:
MLA Style Citation
Declan, Tobin. " Fun Facts about Dogs for Kids ." Easy Science for Kids, Nov 2019. Web. 13 Nov 2019. < https://easyscienceforkids.com/facts-about-dogs-video-for-kids/ >.
APA Style Citation
Tobin, Declan. (2019). Fun Facts about Dogs for Kids. Easy Science for Kids. Retrieved from https://easyscienceforkids.com/facts-about-dogs-video-for-kids/
Sponsored Links :