Famous Scientists for Kids Video
This video is about the top 10 great scientists in history.
This video tells about their contribution in the field of science and some other facts about their life.
- Marie Curie: – She was a French Physicist and Chemist. She was the only scientist who won the noble prize in two different fields. She was born on November 7, 1867 in Warsaw, Poland. Marie discovered two new chemical elements – radium and polonium. She also introduced the concept of radioactivity.
- Alan Turing: – Alan Turing was an English computer scientist and mathematician. He was born on June 23, 1912 in London. He proved that there is no existence of any universal algorithmic method to determine the truth. In 1936, he introduced a concept of a universal machine which was capable of computing every computable thing. This machine is known as Turing Machine.
- Niels Bohr: – Niels Henrik David Bohr was a Danish physicist. He was born on October 7, 1885 in Copenhagen, Denmark. He introduced a revolutionary on atomic structures and radiation emission. In 1922, he won the noble prize for physics. He has worked for Manhattan project as well. He worked with Heisenberg and other scientists on a new quantum mechanics principle.
- Max Planck: – His full name was Max Karl Ernst Ludwig Planck. He was born on 23 April 1858. He was a German physicist. In 1880, he presented his thesis ‘Equilibrium states of isotropic bodies at different temperatures’. He won noble prize in 1918 for his work of Quantum Theory.
- Charles Darwin: – He was an English naturalist. He was born in England on February 12, 1809. He is famous for his Theory of evolution and known as the Father of Evolution. He gave the idea that all species of life have evolved from common ancestors over time.
- Leonardo da Vinci: – He was an Italian polymath. He is best known as a painter but his areas of interest include science, architecture, music etc. He was the first to explain the reason behind the blue color of sky. It is because of the way air scatters light.
- Galileo Galilei: – Galileo was a well known astronomer and physicist. He was born on February 15, 1564 in Pisa, Italy. The list of his inventions includes telescope, compass and thermometer. He discovered 4 largest moons of the planet Jupiter named as- Lo, Callisto, Europa and Ganymede.
- Nikola Tesla: – He was a Serbian-American inventor and writer. He was born on July 10, 1856. After immigrating to the USA, he worked for Thomas Edison. His inventions include AC induction motor and transformer. He is best known for high voltage experiments and demonstrations. He introduced Tesla Coil which produces high voltage, low current electricity.
- Albert Einstein: – He was a German physicist, born on March 14, 1879. He is best known for his theory of relativity. Although he never received the noble prize for it. He won the noble prize in 1921 for the photoelectric effect. In 1930, he got patented for a fridge. Although it was not a commercial success.
- Isaac Newton: – He was an English physicist and mathematician. He was born on January 4, 1643 in England. He is best known for his theory of gravitation which he discovered with the falling apple.
Cite This Page
You may cut-and-paste the below MLA and APA citation examples:
MLA Style Citation
Declan, Tobin. " Fun Facts for kids about famous scientists ." Easy Science for Kids, Apr 2019. Web. 23 Apr 2019. < https://easyscienceforkids.com/famous-scientists-for-kids-video/ >.
APA Style Citation
Tobin, Declan. (2019). Fun Facts for kids about famous scientists. Easy Science for Kids. Retrieved from https://easyscienceforkids.com/famous-scientists-for-kids-video/
Sponsored Links :