Geology for Kids Video
Geology is not limited to the study of rocks. In other words, it is the study of non living things that the earth is made up of. It gives some clues about the history of our planet. It also includes the details about their changes. The study of ocean floor is also included in Geology. Special mapping tools like Geographic Information System (GIS) are used by geologists.
Quick Facts: –
- Our Planet is not actually a sphere.
- Earth, third planet from the Sun, is the only known world to support an atmosphere with free oxygen, liquid water and the most important factor, life.
- It is one of the four planets with dry land like – Mars, Venus and Mercury.
- Earth is about 4.54 billion years old.
- El Azizia is the hottest spot of our planet with a temperature of 57.8°C.
- Antarctica is the coldest place of the earth. Winter temperature can drop below -89.2°C.
- Once Earth have had two moons.
- The deepest spot on the ocean floor is about 35,813 feet below sea level in Mariana Trench.
- The Dead Sea between Jordan, Israel and the West bank is the lowest point on the land.
- The ocean covers about 70% of earth’s surface.
- Atacama Desert of Chile and Peru is the driest spot on the earth.
Cite This Page
You may cut-and-paste the below MLA and APA citation examples:
MLA Style Citation
Declan, Tobin. " Fun geology facts for kids ." Easy Science for Kids, Apr 2020. Web. 07 Apr 2020. < https://easyscienceforkids.com/geology-for-kids-video/ >.
APA Style Citation
Tobin, Declan. (2020). Fun geology facts for kids. Easy Science for Kids. Retrieved from https://easyscienceforkids.com/geology-for-kids-video/
We've recently added
- Iodine Clock Reaction
- Make Homemade Fizzy Lemonade
- Make Rock Candy
- Ocean Acidification Experiment
- How To Build a Popsicle Stick Catapult
- How To Make Floating Paper Clips
- Animal Blubber Simulation
- How To Make an Edible Water Bottle!
- Hourglass Dolphin
- Atlantic Spotted Dolphin
- Hector’s Dolphin
- Dusky Dolphin
Sponsored Links :