Global Warming Basics Video for Kids
Global warming can be defined as the increase of average surface temperature of the earth. This increase in temperature is caused by greenhouse gases such as carbon dioxide, nitrous oxide, and methane and other air pollutants. These gases make a thick layer in our atmosphere and trap Sun’s heat. Global warming has emerged as one of the biggest environmental issues in last two decades. It can lead to massive food and water shortages. Heat waves caused by global warming are responsible for heat-related illness and deaths. In the last 100 years, sea level has risen about 7 inches.
Fun Facts: –
- Tropical storms can pick up more energy because earth’s ocean temperatures are increasing at a higher rate.
- Humans are pouring more carbon dioxide into the atmosphere at a higher speed than plants and ocean can absorb.
- The Arctic ice is melting rapidly due to global warming. In next 20 year, the region is expected to have completely ice-free summer.
- Greenhouse gases persist in the atmosphere for many years.
- A major part of world’s population is concentrated in vulnerable coastal cities.
- Global warming can permanently alter the ocean’s circulation system which is also known as the ocean conveyor belt.
- It will cause a mini ice age in Europe.
- Coral reefs are suffering the worst bleaching with the highest dying record.
- Melting of glaciers will cause sea levels to water shortages in areas where people depend on natural sources of water.
- Since 1700, the level of carbon dioxide on earth has increased by 35%.
- Global warming is causing colder areas to become hotter. It is increasing the chances of wildfires, hurricanes, droughts etc.
Cite This Page
You may cut-and-paste the below MLA and APA citation examples:
MLA Style Citation
Declan, Tobin. " Fun Facts for Kids about Global Warming ." Easy Science for Kids, Jan 2020. Web. 24 Jan 2020. < https://easyscienceforkids.com/global-warming-basics-video-for-kids/ >.
APA Style Citation
Tobin, Declan. (2020). Fun Facts for Kids about Global Warming. Easy Science for Kids. Retrieved from https://easyscienceforkids.com/global-warming-basics-video-for-kids/
Sponsored Links :