The Golden Retriever is one of the most popular breeds of dog. It is also known as gundogs or hunting dogs. These dogs are very eager to please and this is the reason why they respond positively to obedience training. They are gentle, even-tempered, intelligent and affectionate.
There are three different colors of this breed: golden, light golden and dark golden. With some advanced training, these dogs can serve as guide dogs for the blind and rescue dogs.
Quick Facts: –
- Lord Tweedmouth is credited with developing the breed in Scotland during the late 19th century.
- This dog breed was originally developed as a hunting breed.
- Golden Retriever dogs have webbed toes. It means toes are joined together by thin webs of skin. They are great swimmers.
- They have two distinct layers of fur and this double coat is water resistant. It also helps to keep them warm in water.
- They are playful and can easily get along with kids, other pets and sometimes strangers as well.
- They are in the top 5 most popular breeds in the US.
- It generally is a healthy dog breed with an average life span of 12 to 14 years.
- They were originally bred as gun dogs to retrieve shot waterfowl during hunting and shooting parties.
- Both US Presidents Gerald Ford and Ronald Reagan had Golden Retriever dogs as pets.
Cite This Page
You may cut-and-paste the below MLA and APA citation examples:
MLA Style Citation
Declan, Tobin. " Amazing Golden Retriever Facts for Kids ." Easy Science for Kids, Nov 2019. Web. 20 Nov 2019. < https://easyscienceforkids.com/golden-retriever-facts/ >.
APA Style Citation
Tobin, Declan. (2019). Amazing Golden Retriever Facts for Kids. Easy Science for Kids. Retrieved from https://easyscienceforkids.com/golden-retriever-facts/
Sponsored Links :