How Much Sugar is in Soda? – Video for Kids
Sugar can be defined as a class of carbohydrates and also a source of food energy. It was first known as sweet salt and was a luxury. Sugars have different functions in food like: – provide sweetness, serve as preservatives in jams and jellies, allow fermentation by yeast etc. Lemons have more sugar than strawberries. India is the world’s largest consumer of sugar. It has been found in a study that sugar is as addictive as cocaine. There are many different types like: – Glucose, Fructose, Galactose, Sucrose, Lactose, and Maltose. Sugar is something we are born to enjoy.
Fast Facts: –
- Sugar is also known as an ‘empty calorie food’. It provides calories to our body but has no protective nutrients.
- It also associated with obesity and tooth decay.
- Tooth decay is not actually caused by sugar. It is the bacteria that feed off the sugar.
- Too much consumption of sugar can also affect your memory negatively.
- It releases an opiate like substance that activates the brain’s reward system.
- It is the only source of energy for the brain and red blood cells in human body.
- One gram of sugar contains four calories.
- An average American consumes around 22 teaspoons of sugar every day.
- Soft drink has the largest amount of sugar. They have 33% of it.
- Glucose is the most widely distributed form of sugar in nature.
- Fruits contain three different forms of sugars: – Fructose, Sucrose and Glucose.
- Adding a spoonful of sugar in a vase can prolong the life of freshly cut flowers.
- Lugduname is the sweetest compound known as it is more than 20,000 times sweeter than sugar.
Cite This Page
You may cut-and-paste the below MLA and APA citation examples:
MLA Style Citation
Declan, Tobin. " Fun Sugar Facts for Kids ." Easy Science for Kids, Feb 2020. Web. 25 Feb 2020. < https://easyscienceforkids.com/how-much-sugar-is-in-soda-video-for-kids/ >.
APA Style Citation
Tobin, Declan. (2020). Fun Sugar Facts for Kids. Easy Science for Kids. Retrieved from https://easyscienceforkids.com/how-much-sugar-is-in-soda-video-for-kids/
Sponsored Links :