How to Build a Model Windmill
How to Build a Windmill Model:
Build a windmill for science project
A Windmill is a machine that converts wind energy into useful work by rotation. The rotation of a windmill often gives power to a motor or generator which is being used in production of electricity or some kind of mechanical work. Using wind power to turn the rotation of an object into useful energy and work is being used since ancient times. Wind wheels have been used to lift things up and down, especially water from the ground, to power grain crusher and food processor machines, and most importantly to power motors to generate electricity.
Required Materials: –
- Construction Paper
- Printer Paper
- Hole Punch
- Plastic Straws
- Wooden Skewers
- Cut out a square of each type of paper.
- Draw an X diagonally, from one corner to another, on each one.
- Use a hole punch to make a hole in the centre. The hole must be large enough for the straw to fit through.
- Cut along each line, but stop about half an inch from the centre hole.
- Bring all free corners down to the point where the cut stops near the centre of the paper and secure it with glue. This will work as sails for your windmill.
- Insert a straw through the centre of each wind mill. This will work as the axis for your windmill.
- Insert a wooden skewer through the straw so it can rotate freely.
- Towards the end of the straw, secure one end of a piece of string tightly to the straw with a tape. Secure the other end of the string to a paperclip with tape.
- Hold the ends of the wooden skewer and blow on the sails of your windmill model. Cardstock will produce the best sails and printer paper will produce the weakest sails.
Cite This Page
You may cut-and-paste the below MLA and APA citation examples:
MLA Style Citation
Declan, Tobin. " Fun video about how to make a windmill ." Easy Science for Kids, Jan 2020. Web. 22 Jan 2020. < https://easyscienceforkids.com/how-to-build-a-windmill-model-science-fair-experiment-facts-for-kids-video/ >.
APA Style Citation
Tobin, Declan. (2020). Fun video about how to make a windmill. Easy Science for Kids. Retrieved from https://easyscienceforkids.com/how-to-build-a-windmill-model-science-fair-experiment-facts-for-kids-video/
Sponsored Links :