Immune System Facts
Immune system is required in human body to defend it against diseases and other harmful foreign bodies. This system protects your body against all infections and maintains overall health. First of all, it identifies those foreign bodies like bacteria, viruses, fungi etc. and then it sends white blood cells to get rid of them by destroying these viruses, bacteria and infected tissues completely.
Quick Facts: –
- Every part of your immune system has a particularly different function.
- Sometimes, disease symptoms show that your immune system is working properly.
- This entire system is made up of a network of cells, organs and tissues.
- If you are not taking proper sleep then your immune system will get affected badly. Its disease fighting ability will be depressed.
- Not all bacteria and germs are bad. Gut bacteria helps to keep your immune system healthy.
- Exposure to sunlight or Ultra Violet radiation restrains the human immune system but a little sunlight is required for continuous production of vitamin D.
- White blood cells are really very important part of your immune system that is used to defend your body from diseases but these cells only make up a small amount of your blood.
- Your immune system can get seriously affected by stress because stress increases the level of cortisol. And positive emotions will boost the immune system.
- Allergies show that your body’s immune system is being misguided by some harmless allergen.
- Laughter is the best thing to boost your immune system because it releases dopamine and other chemical in brain that are useful to reduce stress.