John Muir Laws
John Muir Laws (named after the famous naturalist John Muir) is a modern naturalist who carries on a long tradition of nature study. He has written numerous books and once spent two years painting every plant and flower in the Sierra Nevada Mountains.
- John Muir Laws’ parents are amateur naturalists who taught him to love the outdoors. He spent his childhood summers exploring the Sierra Nevada and the Point Reyes National Seashore.
- John loved drawing the plants and animals he saw in nature. He is dyslexic and school was often frustrating for him; drawing was a safe outlet.
- John attended the University of California at Berkeley with the help of the disabled students program. Here, he studied biology and other sciences. He also took art classes.
- He later attended graduate school and earned a degree in science illustration.
- Today, John is a nature illustrator, teacher, author, and lecturer. He has written multiple books, including the comprehensive The Laws Guide to Nature Drawing and Journaling.
- Have you ever wondered how to draw a bird or a flower? John Muir Law offers classes throughout the country. He also has a huge website that features articles and videos, as well as classroom curriculum.
- John believes that the most important part of nature study is learning to slow down, ask questions, and observe. He says these skills are necessary for all scientists but sometimes get overlooked in modern STEM curriculum.
Visit John Muir Laws at his website to learn more about nature journaling or attend a class.
Cite This Page
You may cut-and-paste the below MLA and APA citation examples:
MLA Style Citation
Declan, Tobin. " John Muir Laws Facts for Kids ." Easy Science for Kids, Dec 2019. Web. 16 Dec 2019. < https://easyscienceforkids.com/john-muir-laws/ >.
APA Style Citation
Tobin, Declan. (2019). John Muir Laws Facts for Kids. Easy Science for Kids. Retrieved from https://easyscienceforkids.com/john-muir-laws/
Sponsored Links :