Science Projects Video for Kids
Science Projects for Kids
You can do a lot of science projects at home. This video is about one of them where you will learn about how to make your own lava lamp at home. It shows how to do the simple experiment step by step and gives a list of all the materials you will need to make the lava lamp. As you do the experiment, the video will explain what is happening to the water and the oil. It will explain about Polar Molecules and Non-Polar Molecules and why they don’t like to mix because of Density.
Required Materials: –
- An empty clear bottle
- Vegetable oil
- Food coloring
- Alka-seltzer tablet
- Add the food coloring to your water. You can use any colour you want but in this video, blue colour is used as it is dark and easy to see.
- You do not have to mix it in. Just let it sit there.
- Take the water and add it to the bottle while filling it half way.
- Next, add the vegetable oil filling the bottle completely.
- You will notice that the oil and the water do not get mixed because the water has polar molecules and the oil has non-polar molecules.
- Take the alka-seltzer tablet and break it into a few pieces.
- Add these pieces of the tablet to the water bottle and watch what happens.
- Now you will get the lava lamp effect.
Cite This Page
You may cut-and-paste the below MLA and APA citation examples:
MLA Style Citation
Declan, Tobin. " Fun Science Projects for Kids ." Easy Science for Kids, Dec 2019. Web. 12 Dec 2019. < https://easyscienceforkids.com/kids-science-projects-video-for-kids/ >.
APA Style Citation
Tobin, Declan. (2019). Fun Science Projects for Kids. Easy Science for Kids. Retrieved from https://easyscienceforkids.com/kids-science-projects-video-for-kids/
Sponsored Links :