Kindergarten Science Experiment
Ever wondered, what will happen if we will mix freshwater and saltwater? In this simple video, a small kid is demonstrating an experiment of mixing saltwater and freshwater together. She is calling this experiment of making an Estuary.
What is Estuary?
- An estuary can be defined as a partially enclosed body of briny water. Briny or brackish water has salinity more than fresh water but less than sea water.
Materials Requires: –
- Three cups
- Salt water
- Fresh water
- A spoon
- First of all, take a cup and fill it with salt water.
- Take another cup and fill it with fresh water.
- Now take an empty cup. In this, mix both fresh water and salt water.
- If you will taste the mixed water with spoon, you will see that it tastes like both salt water and fresh water as they got mixed.
- In this cup, you have something that can be called an estuary because this water has more salinity than fresh water and less than salt water.