- Lentils are usually purchased dried in small bags. The two most common types are red or green lentils.
- Lentils are cooked with liquid, such as water or broth, until they’re soft. They have a mild taste and are delicious with many types of flavorings, vegetables, and meat.
- Lentils are loaded with protein, fiber, folate, and iron.
- These small legumes can be stored for a long time. They’re also inexpensive to buy, making them a good food option.
- When served with a grain, such as rice, lentils make a complete protein. They can be a replacement for meat. They’re naturally gluten-free.
- Humans have eaten lentils for more than 10,000 years. They’re a major food source in India, Nepal, Bangladesh, and other Asian countries.
- Most of the world’s lentils grow in Canada, India, and Australia.
- Ancient: old
- Inexpensive: does not cost a lot
- Replacement: to stand in for something else
Questions and Answers
Question: How long do lentils need to cook?
Answer: Lentils are fast-cooking. They take between 15 and 30 minutes, depending on the type of lentil.
Learn how to make a healthy lentil soup.
Cite This Page
You may cut-and-paste the below MLA and APA citation examples:
MLA Style Citation
Declan, Tobin. " Fun Lentil Facts for Kids ." Easy Science for Kids, Jan 2020. Web. 18 Jan 2020. < https://easyscienceforkids.com/lentil/ >.
APA Style Citation
Tobin, Declan. (2020). Fun Lentil Facts for Kids. Easy Science for Kids. Retrieved from https://easyscienceforkids.com/lentil/
Sponsored Links :