Melting Point Facts for Kids Video
This video demonstrates an experiment show the concept of melting point. Melting point of a substance can be defined as a particular temperature at which it changes its state from solid to liquid. Every solid has its own different melting point.
Required Materials: –
- A temperature controlled cabinet
- 3 heat resistant containers
- Frozen Linseed oil
- Frozen chocolate.
- First of all, put all the three containers in the cabinet.
- Put frozen linseed oil, frozen chocolate and ice in those containers.
- Set the temperature of the cabinet to -25°C.
- At this temperature, all the three substances are frozen. Now start increasing the temperature.
- At -20°C, you will notice that linseed oil will start melting and a point will come when it will change its form from solid.
- -20°C is melting point for linseed oil.
- At 0°C, ice will start melting and it will be changed in to water that is its liquid form. Water’s melting point is 0°C.
- Keep increasing the temperature and at 25°C you will see that chocolate will start melting.
- Chocolate’s melting point is 25°C which is equal to normal temperature of a summer day.
Each and every substance has its melting point at which the solid state will changed in to liquid state. Like: – iron has a melting point 1,538°C and aluminium has 661°C.
Cite This Page
You may cut-and-paste the below MLA and APA citation examples:
MLA Style Citation
Declan, Tobin. " Fun Facts about Melting Point for kids ." Easy Science for Kids, Dec 2019. Web. 06 Dec 2019. < https://easyscienceforkids.com/melting-point-facts-for-kids-video/ >.
APA Style Citation
Tobin, Declan. (2019). Fun Facts about Melting Point for kids. Easy Science for Kids. Retrieved from https://easyscienceforkids.com/melting-point-facts-for-kids-video/
Sponsored Links :