Picture of a Cell – Facts for Kids Video
A plant cell can be defined as the only producer of food by self on the entire planet. It is also the fundamental unit of life on the earth. Plants are eukaryotic, multicellular, and autotrophic organisms. As they are eukaryotic so are more closely related to fungi, protists etc. than to bacteria. Plants are necessary for all human beings and animals. A plant cell has amazing features like chloroplasts, rigid cell wall and vacuole. Some of them resemble those of animal cells. The main difference is that plant cells contain chlorophyll and animal cells do not.
Quick Facts: –
- The waste of plant cell gets stored in a place called vacuole.
- They store water in their walls. These walls are made up of cellulose, hemicelluloses and pectin.
- The main function of these rigid plant cells walls is to keep the plant in a defined shape.
- A plant requires proper sunlight in order to maintain the growth of plant cells.
- A plant cell is very small to be seen by naked human eye. It is only visible under a microscope.
- It gets the energy from the Sun and then converts the carbon dioxide and water into carbohydrates and sugars.
- It can be referred to as the basic building block of plant life which carries out all of the functions necessary for survival.
- Plants get their green colour because of the presence of chlorophyll. It also allows plants to perform photosynthesis.
- The nucleus of a plant cell contains genetic material that controls its all activities.
- A plant will not be able to produce the food which is in the form of sugars and carbohydrates.
Cite This Page
You may cut-and-paste the below MLA and APA citation examples:
MLA Style Citation
Declan, Tobin. " All Facts for Kids about Plant Cell ." Easy Science for Kids, Oct 2019. Web. 14 Oct 2019. < https://easyscienceforkids.com/picture-of-a-cell-facts-for-kids-video/ >.
APA Style Citation
Tobin, Declan. (2019). All Facts for Kids about Plant Cell. Easy Science for Kids. Retrieved from https://easyscienceforkids.com/picture-of-a-cell-facts-for-kids-video/
Sponsored Links :