Planet Jupiter Video for Kids
The planet Jupiter is the 5th planet in our solar system. It is known as a gas giant. It is the largest planet of our solar system as well. More than 1300 earths can easily fit inside this planet. This planet was named after the Roman king of the gods, Jupiter.
Facts you didn’t know: –
- It is the 4th brightest object in the solar system.
- This planet is easily visible to the naked eye from earth.
- This planet has the shortest day of all the planets.
- It orbits the Sun once every 11.8 earth years.
- The interior of this planet is made up of rock, metal and some hydrogen compounds.
- Jupiter has the largest moon in the entire solar system. Its moon is named as Ganymede.
- This planet has a thin ring system. These rings are majorly composed of dust particles.
- Total no. of spacecrafts which have ever visited Jupiter is 8.
- The big red spot is the most notable storms of the Jupiter. It is the largest hurricane of our solar system. It has been raging for over 300 years.
- This planet has a very strong magnetic field.
- It has an axial tilt of 3.17°, which is the second lowest in the solar system.
- The Jupiter has 67 confirmed moons which orbit the planet. These moons are separated in to 3 groups: – Inner moons, Outer moons and Galilean moons.
- This planet does not experience different seasons.
- It emits more energy than it receives from the Sun.
Cite This Page
You may cut-and-paste the below MLA and APA citation examples:
MLA Style Citation
Declan, Tobin. " Fun planet Jupiter facts for kids ." Easy Science for Kids, Feb 2020. Web. 26 Feb 2020. < https://easyscienceforkids.com/planet-jupiter-video-for-kids/ >.
APA Style Citation
Tobin, Declan. (2020). Fun planet Jupiter facts for kids. Easy Science for Kids. Retrieved from https://easyscienceforkids.com/planet-jupiter-video-for-kids/
Sponsored Links :