Princess Diana was one of the most adored members of the British Royal Family. She was born on July 1, 1961 to Edward John Spencer and Frances Ruth Burke Roche. Her parents got divorced when she was very young and his father won the custody of all the four children. In 1975, her father inherited the title of Earl Spencer and she became Lady Diana Spencer.
Her maternal grandmother Lady Fermoy was the lady-in-waiting to the Queen Mother, Prince Charles’ grandmother. Diana met Prince Charles in 1977 for the very first time and they got married on July 29, 1981.
Quick Facts: –
- She studied Ballet and dreamed of taking the stage with the Royal Ballet but her height held her back.
- She failed her O levels twice as she was not a bright student but very clever in other ways.
- Prince Charles once dated Diana’s sister Lady Sarah Spencer.
- Lady Diana selected a large wedding ring £30,000 by the then Crown jewellers Garrad. The ring consisted of 14 solitaire diamonds surrounding a 12 carat oval blue Ceylon sapphire set in 18 carat white gold.
- The wedding of Prince Charles and Lady Diana was broadcast in 74 countries and around 750 million people watched it worldwide.
- The couple had their first child Prince William on June 21, 1982 and the second child Prince Harry on September 15, 1984.
- Princess Diana and Prince Charles got formally separated in December 1992 and their divorce was finalized in 1996.
- Diana maintained her international popularity even after the divorce.
- She supported more than 100 charities.
- On August 31, 1997, Princess Diana died in a car crash at the age of 36.
Cite This Page
You may cut-and-paste the below MLA and APA citation examples:
MLA Style Citation
Declan, Tobin. " Fun Princess Diana Facts for Kids ." Easy Science for Kids, May 2019. Web. 27 May 2019. < https://easyscienceforkids.com/princess-diana-facts/ >.
APA Style Citation
Tobin, Declan. (2019). Fun Princess Diana Facts for Kids. Easy Science for Kids. Retrieved from https://easyscienceforkids.com/princess-diana-facts/
We've recently added
Sponsored Links :