Range in Math Video for Kids
Range in Math
Range in Math can be defined as the difference between the lowest and highest numbers in a given data set.
For example, there is a group of five students in your class and they are having a race. If you are asked to find the difference between the slowest and fastest times then you would require finding the range of time durations of all five students.
There are a few steps that can be used to find the range in math.
- The very first step is to identify the given data set.
- Now arrange the list of numbers in order from lowest to highest.
- Arranging the data values like this makes it much easier to find the lowest and highest numbers.
- While finding the range we don’t use the numbers that are in between.
- The range can be calculated by subtracting the lowest number from the highest number.
- The difference is the range of the data set.
Quick Facts: –
- Range in math can also mean all the output values of a particular function.
- The rule of thumb says that the range is about four times the standard deviation. It is another measure of spread.
- The range can tell you how spread apart a group of data values are.
Cite This Page
You may cut-and-paste the below MLA and APA citation examples:
MLA Style Citation
Declan, Tobin. " Facts for Kids about Range in Math ." Easy Science for Kids, Oct 2019. Web. 22 Oct 2019. < https://easyscienceforkids.com/range-in-math-video-for-kids/ >.
APA Style Citation
Tobin, Declan. (2019). Facts for Kids about Range in Math. Easy Science for Kids. Retrieved from https://easyscienceforkids.com/range-in-math-video-for-kids/
Sponsored Links :