Sports Science Fair Projects Facts for Kids Video
In this article, there are a few unknown facts that a sports enthusiast would love to know.
- Baseballs were originally made from the foreskins of horses.
- Golf balls were originally made of dried eyeballs of cows.
- Fishing is the most participated sport on the earth.
- More than 100 million people have hunting licenses for hunting.
- An average golf ball has a total of 336 dimples.
- The UK parliament banned women from participating in dangerous sports.
- Junko Tabei was the first women to reach the top of the Mount Everest on May 16, 1975.
- The first ever contemporary Olympic Games took place in Athens, Greece in 1896.
- Jousting is the official sport for the State of Maryland.
- An average cricket ball has stitches somewhere in between 65 to 70 and a baseball has 108 stitches.
- A football has total 32 pieces that are held together by 642 stitches.
- The fax machine was invented by boxing legend Rocky Marciano.
- Bill Buckner had more hits than Ted Williams.
- All the NFL referees who officiate the Super Bowl receive Super Bowl rings to commemorate the day.
- It is customary for jockeys to be paid in coins, no matter how large their winnings are.
- Actual playing time in a major league baseball game is less than 18 minutes.
- Olympic gold medals are actually made of silver.
Cite This Page
You may cut-and-paste the below MLA and APA citation examples:
MLA Style Citation
Declan, Tobin. " Fun Facts for Kids about Sports ." Easy Science for Kids, Jan 2019. Web. 18 Jan 2019. < https://easyscienceforkids.com/sports-science-fair-projects-facts-for-kids-video/ >.
APA Style Citation
Tobin, Declan. (2019). Fun Facts for Kids about Sports. Easy Science for Kids. Retrieved from https://easyscienceforkids.com/sports-science-fair-projects-facts-for-kids-video/
Sponsored Links :