Stephan Hawking Facts for Kids Video
Stephen Hawking Facts
Stephen Hawking is a renowned British physicist. He was born on January 8, 1942. That day was the 300th anniversary of ‘the father of modern science’ Galileo’s death. His friend nicknamed him as ‘Einstein’ because at a very young age he built a computer with a tremendous capacity for grasping issues of space and time.
Quick Facts: –
- He was diagnosed with a motor neuron disease ALS when he was only 21 years old. ALS stands for Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis.
- After diagnosing ALS, his doctors said that he could just live for 2.5 years.
- This disease has left him almost completely paralyzed.
- He was a slacker in his school time and always received mediocre grades.
- At the age of 9, he received the worst ranks in his entire class.
- He introduced a theory in 1983 which states that the universe has no boundaries.
- Hawking wrote many books. He is best known for his bestselling book ‘A Brief History of Time’.
- He has also written a children book named ‘George’s Secret Key to the Universe’.
- Stephen Hawking received many awards including the Albert Einstein Medal in 1979, the order of the British Empire in 1982 and the Wolf Prize in physics in 1988.
- Before getting diagnosed with ALS, he was an important member of Oxford Rowing Team. One of his fellow boatmen called him ‘the adventurous type’.
- He got married and divorced twice.
- Hawking took a zero gravity flight to save the human race in 2007.
- He played himself in the famous sitcoms ‘The Big Bang Theory’ and ‘The Simpsons’.
Cite This Page
You may cut-and-paste the below MLA and APA citation examples:
MLA Style Citation
Declan, Tobin. " Fun Facts for Kids about Stephen Hawking ." Easy Science for Kids, Aug 2019. Web. 22 Aug 2019. < https://easyscienceforkids.com/stephan-hawking-facts-for-kids-video/ >.
APA Style Citation
Tobin, Declan. (2019). Fun Facts for Kids about Stephen Hawking. Easy Science for Kids. Retrieved from https://easyscienceforkids.com/stephan-hawking-facts-for-kids-video/
Sponsored Links :