The Science of Cricket Video for Kids
Cricket is a game that is played between two teams. Each team consists of 11 players. A wooden bat weighing about 2 to 3 pounds is used as an equipment of the game along with a ball. It is made from a willow wood blade and a cane handle. The person who swings the bat is known as ‘batsman’. From 1834 to 1914, cricket was a popular sport in North America. Cricket clubs were formed in over 46 states. Philadelphia used to be the cricket hub of the country. The first ever international cricket played in America was between America and Canada.
Quick Facts: –
- Cricket is considered as the ancestor of the modern baseball game.
- The highest number of runs scored in an over is 77.
- This sport is played by millions of people in 92 countries. It is one of the outdoor sports to be played.
- The longest match in the cricket history was played in 1939 in South Africa between South Africa and England. The game lasted for 10 days and remained unfinished.
- Twenty20 style of playing was introduced in 2003. The game has just one inning of 20 overs.
- Chris Gayle is the only batsman to hit a six off the first ball of a Test match.
- India is the only country to win the 60 over, 50 over and 20 over world cups.
- The abbreviation LBW stands for Leg before Wicket.
- The first ever world cup was organized in England in June 1975.
- Leslie Hylton of West Indies is the only cricketer who was hanged for a murder.
Cite This Page
You may cut-and-paste the below MLA and APA citation examples:
MLA Style Citation
Declan, Tobin. " Fun Cricket Facts for Kids ." Easy Science for Kids, Apr 2020. Web. 02 Apr 2020. < https://easyscienceforkids.com/the-science-of-cricket-video-for-kids/ >.
APA Style Citation
Tobin, Declan. (2020). Fun Cricket Facts for Kids. Easy Science for Kids. Retrieved from https://easyscienceforkids.com/the-science-of-cricket-video-for-kids/
We've recently added
Sponsored Links :