Tyrannosaurus Rex Facts for Kids Video
Tyrannosaurus Rex Facts
T Rex is an abbreviation of Tyrannosaurus Rex. Tyrannosaurus is a Greek word which means ‘Tyrant Lizard’ and Rex is a Latin word which means ‘king’. It lived in an area of earth which is now known as western North America. T Rex is one of the largest dinosaurs that ever lived.
Quick Facts: –
- This fierce carnivore could eat up to 200 kg of meat in one bite.
- They could reach up to 40 feet in length and can weigh up to 8 tons.
- T Rex was a bipedal dinosaur. It had two legs which were strong enough to carry its weight.
- It had very strong but relatively small arms to seize the prey.
- All the T Rex skulls which have been found are about 5 feet long.
- T Rex had a lifespan of about 30 years.
- The most expensive and about 85% complete T Rex Fossil is ‘Sue’. The Chicago museum purchased it for $8 million.
- It had serrated, conical teeth which were helpful to make a tighter grip on prey.
- T Rex had a relatively large brain that would have helped it hunt better.
- There is still some confusion that whether T Rex was a predator or a scavenger.
Cite This Page
You may cut-and-paste the below MLA and APA citation examples:
MLA Style Citation
Declan, Tobin. " Fun Tyrannosaurus Rex Facts for Kids ." Easy Science for Kids, Aug 2020. Web. 14 Aug 2020. < https://easyscienceforkids.com/tyrannosaurus-rex-facts-for-kids-video/ >.
APA Style Citation
Tobin, Declan. (2020). Fun Tyrannosaurus Rex Facts for Kids. Easy Science for Kids. Retrieved from https://easyscienceforkids.com/tyrannosaurus-rex-facts-for-kids-video/
We've recently added
- How To Build a Winogradsky Column and Learn About Soil Science
- Potato Light Bulb Experiment
- How To Use Friction to Pick Up Bottle of Rice
- How To Make Popcorn Dance
- Vinegar and Baking Soda Fire Extinguisher
- Power of Bleach
- Comparing Surface Tension of Liquids with Pennies
- Ice Cream Chemistry
- Using Distillation to Purify Water
- Filter Water with Dirt
- Build a Balloon Barometer
- Build Your Very Own Seismograph
Sponsored Links :