Who is Charles Darwin Video for Kids
Charles Darwin was an English naturalist who is best known for introducing the Theory of Evolution. He suggested that animals and humans shared a common ancestry. His full name was Charles Robert Darwin. He was born on February 12, 1809, in a wealthy and influential family of medical doctors in Shrewsbury, Shropshire. It was a time when young men were expected to become medical doctors, military officers, clerics in the Church of England. Any professions other than these were considered unsavory. This is the reason why Charles Darwin also enrolled as a medical student at the University of Edinburgh.
Quick Facts: –
- His father hoped that Charles will follow his footsteps by becoming a medical doctor but he was disappointed when he got to know the sight of blood made Charles queasy.
- In 1831, Charles Darwin was recommended by John Stevens Henslow for the position of a naturalist aboard the HMS Beagle.
- In this voyage around the world, Darwin collected a variety of natural specimens including birds, plants, and fossils.
- After returning from the trip, he suffered from exhaustion, eczema, and heart palpitations.
- Darwin shared his birthday with the 16th president of America, Abraham Lincoln.
- Charles married his first cousin Emma Wedgewood in 1839.
- He formed the Gourmet Club and as a member of the club, he died on exotic animals.
- Darwin died on April 19, 1882, in London, United Kingdom and was buried in Westminster Abbey.
Cite This Page
You may cut-and-paste the below MLA and APA citation examples:
MLA Style Citation
Declan, Tobin. " Amazing Facts for Kids about Charles Darwin ." Easy Science for Kids, Jan 2020. Web. 28 Jan 2020. < https://easyscienceforkids.com/who-is-charles-darwin-video-for-kids/ >.
APA Style Citation
Tobin, Declan. (2020). Amazing Facts for Kids about Charles Darwin. Easy Science for Kids. Retrieved from https://easyscienceforkids.com/who-is-charles-darwin-video-for-kids/
Sponsored Links :