Durdle Door – The English Natural Wonder
Off the coast of England is a tunnel or door made of limestone rock called durdle door. The door sits in the ocean, near a beach, which is also surrounded by rocky hills. The word “durdle” means drill in Old English.
You might have seen Durdle Door in the movie Nanny McPhee. Lots of people come here to visit and picnic every year. Durdle Door is owned by a private family. The family owns over 12,000 acres of land around the area.
Fun Facts about Durdle Door for Kids
- Durdle Door first began forming over 140 million years ago.
- This natural wonder was made by the sea slowly forming and shaping the rock.
- You’ll see donut-shaped imprints in the rock at Durdle Door. These are fossils of an ancient forest.
Durdle Door Vocabulary
Learn More All About Durdle Door, English Natural Wonder
Enjoy this lovely video all about Durdle Door:
A video tour about the location and facts about the Durdle Door.
Durdle Door Q&A
Question: How tall is the arch at Durdle Door?
Answer: At its tallest point, Durdle Door is 200 feet.
Enjoyed the Easy Science for Kids Website all about Durdle Door info? Take the FREE & fun all about Durdle Door quiz and download FREE Durdle Door worksheet for kids. For lengthy info click here.
Cite This Page
You may cut-and-paste the below MLA and APA citation examples:
MLA Style Citation
Declan, Tobin. " Durdle Door Facts for Kids ." Easy Science for Kids, Jan 2021. Web. 22 Jan 2021. < https://easyscienceforkids.com/all-about-durdle-door/ >.
APA Style Citation
Tobin, Declan. (2021). Durdle Door Facts for Kids. Easy Science for Kids. Retrieved from https://easyscienceforkids.com/all-about-durdle-door/
We've recently added
- Microbiology Worksheet
- All About Microbiology
- Fingerprint Identification Experiment
- Forensic Science
- Stem Cells
- Stem Cell Worksheet
- Buffalo – Part of the Bovidae Family
- Buffalo Differences Worksheet
- Draw the Buffalo Worksheet
- Who invented it?
- Famous American Inventors (Top ten and their Inventions)
- Vaccines and Antibodies
Sponsored Links :