Slovenia sits in Central Europe, flanked on the north by the Alps and on the south by the Adriatic Sea. This ancient country was ruled for almost 1,000 years by Austria. Later, it became part of Yugoslavia. Today, it is an independent country.
The Slovene people kept their own language, even while Austrians ruled them. They also have a colorful culture and heritage. The women wear brightly embroidered clothing and hats. Most people here live in small villages and towns. They farm or work in the timber industry. There are many forests here. People cut down trees to make furniture, flooring and paper.
Fun Facts About Slovenia for Kids
- Ljubljana is the capital city of Slovenia.
- Slovenia has 7,820 square miles of land.
- 1,998,000 people live in Slovenia.
- The official language of Slovenia is Slovene.
- 98 percent of people are Christian.
- Slovenia has a multiparty democracy.
- 99 percent of adults can read.
- People in Slovenia can expect to live to age 76.
- Flanked: bordered
- Independent: free, separate
- Heritage: the customs and traditions we inherit from ancestors
- Embroidered: ornate designs made from thread
- Timber: wood, logging
All About Slovenia Video for Kids
Check out this cool video about Slovenia for kids:
Question: What is the Slovenian landscape like?
Map of Slovenia
Here’s a map of the country of Slovenia and all its cities and villages. Zoom in to get into street level or zoom out to see other countries around Slovenia! You can see the terrain, but also see the roads, images of the buildings and even take a 3D tour through the streets of the cities of Slovenia, as though you are actually there!
Enjoyed the Free Geography Kids Online Resources all about Slovenia info? Take the FREE & fun Slovenia quiz and download FREE Slovenia worksheet for kids. For lengthy info click here.
Cite This Page
You may cut-and-paste the below MLA and APA citation examples:
MLA Style Citation
Declan, Tobin. " Slovenia Facts for Kids ." Easy Science for Kids, Oct 2019. Web. 14 Oct 2019. < https://easyscienceforkids.com/all-about-slovenia/ >.
APA Style Citation
Tobin, Declan. (2019). Slovenia Facts for Kids. Easy Science for Kids. Retrieved from https://easyscienceforkids.com/all-about-slovenia/
Sponsored Links :