Less than one hundred years ago, most people were born, lived and died within 100 miles or less. Today, people can travel all over the world in a few days or weeks. Modern transportation has changed how people work and live. People can live in one place, but work with people in another country.
Fun Facts About Transportation for Kids
- One of the oldest type of transportation is by boat. Sea traders set out in small boats thousands of years ago to trade their goods with other people. Today, ships still use old sea trade routes.
- In some parts of the world, people still travel mostly by walking or by riding animals, such as donkeys, horses and camels.
- In the U.S., people get around mostly by cars. The U.S. has a vast system of roads and highways to take people where they need to go. Trucks deliver food and goods to stores.
- In cities around the world, people travel on buses, street cars and subways. These modes of transportation are quick, inexpensive and often cleaner than cars.
- Flying is one of the most popular ways to reach faraway destinations. Over half a million people are in the air at any one time.
- Transportation: method for getting from one place to another
- Sea trade routes: Routes or ocean paths for easiest travel by sea
- Vast: large
- Destination: end of a journey
All About Transportation Video for Kids
Check out this cool video about Transportation for kids:
Question: What is the fastest form of transportation?
Answer: Fast speed trains, such as China’s Shangai Maglev train can go over 250 miles per hour. Inventor Elon Musk has designed a train that he believes can go up to 700 miles per hour. Right now, though, commercial jet planes are among the fastest forms of transportation for most of us. They fly an average of 500 miles per hour.
Enjoyed the Easy Earth Science for Kids Website about Transportation info? Take the FREE & fun all about Transportation quiz and download FREE all about Transportation worksheet for kids. For lengthy info click here.
Cite This Page
You may cut-and-paste the below MLA and APA citation examples:
MLA Style Citation
Declan, Tobin. " Transportation Facts for Kids ." Easy Science for Kids, Sep 2019. Web. 19 Sep 2019. < https://easyscienceforkids.com/all-about-transportation/ >.
APA Style Citation
Tobin, Declan. (2019). Transportation Facts for Kids. Easy Science for Kids. Retrieved from https://easyscienceforkids.com/all-about-transportation/
Sponsored Links :