Animals for Kids – Facts for Kids Video
Facts about Animals
There are some very interesting and fascinating facts about animals that will make your experience more profound. Each animal has its own physical characteristics, feeding habits, habitat, breeding patterns and behaviour.
Fun Facts: –
- When fully developed, a tiger can grow up to a length of 11 feet and weight more than 500 pounds.
- Dogs can easily recognize odours and differentiate between them because of their amazing sense of smell.
- Dolphins are known to be intelligent creatures and can interact with humans very easily.
- Two main types of elephants are the African Elephant and the Asian Elephant. African Elephants have two sub types which are Bush Elephant and Forest Elephant.
- Lions are known to sleep for approximately 20 hours in one single day.
- There are approximately 18,000 different species of butterflies which are found throughout the world.
- Cheetahs are smaller than the typical big cats like the lion, tiger, leopard, and jaguar. They also can’t roar like all other big cats.
- Sharks have an amazingly sharp sense of smell and they can even detect a single drop of blood in the water.
- Camels have fatty tissues stored in their humps that can be converted into energy or water when required.
- Whales posses an arched lower lip which is the reason why they seem to have a smiling face.
- Countries like Singapore, Ethiopia, England, Bulgaria, the Netherlands and Albania have named the lion as their national animal.
Cite This Page
You may cut-and-paste the below MLA and APA citation examples:
MLA Style Citation
Declan, Tobin. " Fun Facts about Animals for Kids ." Easy Science for Kids, Oct 2019. Web. 20 Oct 2019. < https://easyscienceforkids.com/animals-for-kids-facts-for-kids-video-2/ >.
APA Style Citation
Tobin, Declan. (2019). Fun Facts about Animals for Kids. Easy Science for Kids. Retrieved from https://easyscienceforkids.com/animals-for-kids-facts-for-kids-video-2/
Sponsored Links :