The full name of the Barbie doll is Barbara Millicent Roberts. Her official birthday is March 9, 1959. The very first Barbie appeared in black-and-white striped swimsuit and was sold for $3.00. She was unveiled to the toy industry during the New York Toy Fair.
Barbie was inspired by paper dolls. It is the most popular fashion doll ever produced. Barbie pink is its signature color. Barbie is 11.5 inches tall. She has had more than 180 inspiration careers. She made her European debut in 1961.
Fast Facts: –
- Barbie dolls are sold in about 150 countries.
- Her first pet was a horse named Dancer.
- Barbie doll is named after its creator Ruth Handler’s daughter Barbara.
- In the beginning, Barbie dolls were manufactured in Japan. Their clothes were hand stitched by Japanese workers.
- A Ukrainian model Veleria Lukyanova is famous for her resemblance to a Barbie doll.
- Barbie’s first car was a 1962 Austin Healy Roadster.
- She is from Willows, Wisconsin where she attended her high school.
- The 1992 “Totally Hair Barbie” was the best selling doll ever. She had hair from the top of her head to toes.
- Barbie has run for president 6 times since 1992.
- Barbie was once banned in Saudi Arabia then declared a threat to morality.
- Most of the major fashion brands like: – Gucci, Versace, Givenchy, Dolce & Gabana and Vera Wang etc. have contributed designs to her wardrobe.
- Initially Barbie was a 17 years old teenage fashion model.
- She has been to space three times: – in 1965, 1986 and 1994.
Cite This Page
You may cut-and-paste the below MLA and APA citation examples:
MLA Style Citation
Declan, Tobin. " Fun Barbie doll Facts for Kids ." Easy Science for Kids, Mar 2020. Web. 30 Mar 2020. < https://easyscienceforkids.com/barbie-facts/ >.
APA Style Citation
Tobin, Declan. (2020). Fun Barbie doll Facts for Kids. Easy Science for Kids. Retrieved from https://easyscienceforkids.com/barbie-facts/
We've recently added
Sponsored Links :