Best Famous Scientists Video for Kids
This video explains a lot of facts about world famous scientists Isaac Newton, Galileo Galilei and Charles Darwin and their discoveries.
Isaac Newton: –
- Sir Isaac Newton, an English physicist and mathematician was born on January 4, 1643 in Lincolnshire, England.
- He started his college education in 1661 at Cambridge University.
- In 1703, he was elected President of the Royal Society and in 1705, was knighted by Queen Anne.
- His most important work got published in 1687 by the name Philosophiae Naturalis Principia Mathematica.
- Newton is best known for defining the three laws of motion and universal gravitation.
- He died on March 31, 1727 in London, England.
Galileo Galilei: –
- Galileo Galilei, an Italian astronomer, philosopher and mathematician was born on February 15, 1564 in Pisa, Italy.
- He published The Operations of the Geometrical and Military Compass in 1604.
- In August 1609, he improvised on a simple telescope built by Dutch eyeglass makers.
- His small booklet The Starry Messenger got published in March 1610 that revealed his discoveries about the moon.
- Galileo supported the Copernican theory that Sun was the centre of universe, not Earth.
- He discovered four moons of Jupiter: – Io, Callisto, Ganymede and Europa by using his own telescope.
- Galileo Galilei died on January 8, 1642 in Arcetri near Florence.
Charles Darwin: –
- Charles Darwin, an English naturalist was born on February 12, 1809 in Shrewsbury, England.
- He belonged to a wealthy and free-thinking family.
- He is best known for introducing the Theory of Evolution by natural selection.
- His theory became the foundation of modern evolutionary studies and explained biological changes.
- Darwin published On the Origin of Species in 1859.
- He died on April 19, 1882 in London, England and buried in Westminster Abbey.
Cite This Page
You may cut-and-paste the below MLA and APA citation examples:
MLA Style Citation
Declan, Tobin. " Fun Facts about Famous Scientists for Kids ." Easy Science for Kids, Oct 2020. Web. 26 Oct 2020. < https://easyscienceforkids.com/best-famous-scientists-video-for-kids/ >.
APA Style Citation
Tobin, Declan. (2020). Fun Facts about Famous Scientists for Kids. Easy Science for Kids. Retrieved from https://easyscienceforkids.com/best-famous-scientists-video-for-kids/
We've recently added
- How To Build a Winogradsky Column and Learn About Soil Science
- Potato Light Bulb Experiment
- How To Use Friction to Pick Up Bottle of Rice
- How To Make Popcorn Dance
- Vinegar and Baking Soda Fire Extinguisher
- Power of Bleach
- Comparing Surface Tension of Liquids with Pennies
- Ice Cream Chemistry
- Using Distillation to Purify Water
- Filter Water with Dirt
- Build a Balloon Barometer
- Build Your Very Own Seismograph
Sponsored Links :