Best Louis Pasteur Video for Kids
This video is all about the famous scientist Louis Pasteur.
Louis Pasteur Facts
Louis Pasteur is best known as ‘the father of germ theory’ or ‘the father of microbiology’. He was a French microbiologist born on Dole, France on December 27, 1822. He invented the process named as Pasteurization to treat beverages like milk and beer. Louis Pasteur has also discovered the concept of being ‘left-handed’ or ‘right-handed’. This concept also explains that every living creature has molecules in its body that van twist in either right direction or left.
Quick Facts: –
- In 1879, Louis Pasteur has discovered a vaccine for a disease named as chicken cholera.
- In 1895, right before his death he discovered his second vaccine for rabies. This vaccine was first tried on a 9 years old boy Joseph Meister. The kid had been bitten by a rabid dog.
- He was scared of contracting diseases from other people. This is the reason why he would never shake anyone’s hand, even royalty.
- Pasteur studied the immune system and invented vaccines for many diseases like: – rabies, cholera, yellow fever, plague, tuberculosis, anthrax and diphtheria.
- Pasteurization can be defined as a process of reducing the number of disease causing microorganisms.
- In 1854, he became dean of the faculty of sciences at Lille University.
- In 1887, he founded the Paris Pasteur Institute. His mortal remains also lie in this building and his tomb is embellished with depictions of his all accomplishments.
- When he was 45 years old, a stroke left him partially paralyzed for the rest of his life.
- He was made a Grand Croix of the Legion of Honour, a prestigious French order.
- He died on September 28, 1895 because of worsened paralysis.
Cite This Page
You may cut-and-paste the below MLA and APA citation examples:
MLA Style Citation
Declan, Tobin. " Fun Facts about Louis Pasteur for Kids ." Easy Science for Kids, May 2020. Web. 31 May 2020. < https://easyscienceforkids.com/best-louis-pasteur-video-for-kids/ >.
APA Style Citation
Tobin, Declan. (2020). Fun Facts about Louis Pasteur for Kids. Easy Science for Kids. Retrieved from https://easyscienceforkids.com/best-louis-pasteur-video-for-kids/
We've recently added
- How To Build a Winogradsky Column and Learn About Soil Science
- Potato Light Bulb Experiment
- How To Use Friction to Pick Up Bottle of Rice
- How To Make Popcorn Dance
- Vinegar and Baking Soda Fire Extinguisher
- Power of Bleach
- Comparing Surface Tension of Liquids with Pennies
- Ice Cream Chemistry
- Using Distillation to Purify Water
- Filter Water with Dirt
- Build a Balloon Barometer
- Build Your Very Own Seismograph
Sponsored Links :