Cat Facts for Kids Video
Cats are one of the most popular pet in the world. There are more than 85 million pet cats in the United States. Cats sleep about 70% of their lives. 90% part of a cat’s brain is similar to human brain. They can jump up to six times of their own length. Every cat has a unique nose print like human finger prints. There are more than 70 known breeds of cats.
Quick Facts: –
- Cats have an excellent night vision and their hearing is even better than dogs.
- Their front paws have 5 toes and the back paws have 4 toes.
- Tinker Toy is the smallest cat of the world that is only 7 cm tall.
- Cats have a blind spot right under their nose.
- Sir Isaac Newton was the one to invent the cat flap door.
- A group of cats is called a ‘clowder’.
- A French cat named Felicette was the first cat in the space.
- A cat has 32 muscles to control its outer ear.
- They cannot detect the taste of sweetness.
- They have three eyelids but most of them do not have eyelashes.
- The world’s largest cat measured approximately 48 inches long.
- A cat named Dusty is the most fertile cat that gave birth to 420 kittens in her lifetime.
- Cats are the mammals with largest eyes.
- They have a gestation period of about 9 weeks.
- Similar to dogs, cats also have their sweat glands on the pads of their feet.
- Their average lifespan is about 5 years.
- Most of the cats are lactose intolerant and cannot have cow’s milk.
- An adult cat has 32 teeth.
- They cannot see in complete darkness.
Cite This Page
You may cut-and-paste the below MLA and APA citation examples:
MLA Style Citation
Declan, Tobin. " Fun Facts about Cats for Kids ." Easy Science for Kids, Mar 2020. Web. 29 Mar 2020. < https://easyscienceforkids.com/cat-facts-for-kids-video/ >.
APA Style Citation
Tobin, Declan. (2020). Fun Facts about Cats for Kids. Easy Science for Kids. Retrieved from https://easyscienceforkids.com/cat-facts-for-kids-video/
Sponsored Links :