Fun Facts for Kids
This video includes a lot of fun facts for kids about farm animals like cows, pigs, horses, ducks etc.
- Cows spend about 8 hours each day eating.
- They make 25 gallons of saliva each day.
- They only have teeth on the bottom. They have no upper teeth.
- They can sleep while standing.
- Pigs are probably a lot cleaner than you think.
- They do not have any sweat glands so they do not sweat at all.
- They roll around in the mud to keep themselves cool.
- They have an excellent sense of smell. They are so sensitive that they can smell food a couple of feet underground.
- They have only four toes on each hoof but they only use two of them while walking.
- Horses stand while sleeping.
- They only sleep for about 2.5-3 hours in a day.
- They can drink up to 10 gallons of water in a day.
- They cannot breathe through their mouth, only through their nose.
- A horse can stand and walk only after 1-2 hours of its birth.
- The smallest pony in history was named ‘little pumpkin’. He stood only 14 inches and weighed 20 pounds.
- Ducks swim so well because of their webbed feet.
- Their webbed feet are also the reason why they wobble while walking.
- They have an oil producing gland that makes their feathers waterproof.
- They have three eyelids.