Magnetism for Kids Video
A magnet can be defined as an object that produces a magnetic field. Magnetic fields are not visible to human eyes. A magnet only attracts certain metals like: – iron, cobalt and nickel. Magnetic objects can be attracted or pushed away by magnetism. Earth has its own magnetic field because earth’s core is made up of an alloy of iron and nickel.
Fast Facts: –
- Every magnet has two magnetic poles, north and south. Different poles attract each other whereas same poles repel each other.
- If you will cut a magnet in half then each of the resultant magnet pieces will have its own North and South Pole.
- A magnet’s power is measured in Tesla.
- Our earth is a massive but weak magnet.
- A magnet can lose its magnetic properties after heating in hot flame or beating it with a hammer.
- The earliest magnets were called as lodestone or magnetite.
- There are two types of magnets, Permanent magnet and Temporary magnet.
- At both the poles of the magnet, its pull is the strongest.
- An electromagnet will not create a magnetic field until you will pass electricity through it.
- A star, called a magnetar is the most powerful magnet of this entire universe.
- If you will keep a magnet loose then its north pole will start pointing towards the earth’s North Pole.
Cite This Page
You may cut-and-paste the below MLA and APA citation examples:
MLA Style Citation
Declan, Tobin. " Fun Facts for Kids about Magnetism ." Easy Science for Kids, May 2020. Web. 25 May 2020. < https://easyscienceforkids.com/magnetism-for-kids-video/ >.
APA Style Citation
Tobin, Declan. (2020). Fun Facts for Kids about Magnetism. Easy Science for Kids. Retrieved from https://easyscienceforkids.com/magnetism-for-kids-video/
We've recently added
- Vinegar and Baking Soda Fire Extinguisher
- Power of Bleach
- Comparing Surface Tension of Liquids with Pennies
- Ice Cream Chemistry
- Using Distillation to Purify Water
- Filter Water with Dirt
- Build a Balloon Barometer
- Build Your Very Own Seismograph
- Explore the Wet-Sand Effect at Home
- How to Bake Ice Cream Without it Melting
- Make your Artwork Dance!
- Food Insecurity
Sponsored Links :