Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg seems insanely young for a billionaire. He co-founded Facebook when he was a teenager. He began programming at an early age. In high school, he created a Synapse, a program that can detect users’ music listening habits by using artificial intelligence.
After making this program, Microsoft and AOL wanted to recruit him but he turned down all these job offers and continued his graduation at Harvard University. Zuckerberg is born to Jewish parents and considers himself an atheist.
Fun Facts: –
- Mark Zuckerberg suffers from red-green blindness and blue is the best color he can see. This is the reason why blue color dominates the color scheme of Facebook.
- His annual salary as Facebook’s CEO is only $1.
- In his college days, he invented a program named as Facemash. This program was designed to find out who is the most attractive person on campus.
- In 2011, he turned vegetarian and said that he would only eat the meat of animals that he killed himself.
- At the age of 13, he created a basic computer network called ‘Zucknet’ for his family. It allowed all the computers on the network to send messages to each other by pinging.
- In 2010, the Time magazine listed him among the 100 wealthiest and most influential people in the word.
- Zuckerberg has a Hungarian sheepdog named “Beast”. The facebook page of Beast has more than 2 million fans.
- Mark Zuckerberg dropped out of Harvard University to continue his work on Facebook.
- He holds about 50 patents to his name. Synapse Media Player was the first.
- You cannot block Mark Zuckerberg on Facebook. If you want, give it a try.
- In 2010, Mark Zuckerberg along with Bill Gates and Warren Buffet signed the Giving Pledge. It is a promise to donate at least half of their wealth to charity.