Photography can be defined as the art of recording an image by using some technology like image sensor, electromagnetic radiation, film etc. This word has been derived from the Greek words that mean ‘drawing with light’. The first ever digital camera was created by Steve Sasson in December, 1975.
He was an engineer at Eastman Kodak. It took 23 seconds to create the very first photograph. Kodak was founded in 1888 by George Eastman. The core technology used in modern day digital photography was actually invented by Kodak.
Quick Facts: –
- A Scottish physicist James Clark Maxwell shot the first ever color photograph in 1861.
- The inventor of photography was Joseph Nicephore Niepce. He was better known for his invention of the propeller and boats.
- The Windows XP’s default wallpaper called ‘bliss’ is the most viewed photograph in the history. It was photographed by Charles O’ Rear.
- ‘Daguerreotyp’ is the most expensive camera in the world. It is 168 years old and belongs to a scholar in the United States. The estimated cost of this camera is $132,000.
- The word ‘camera’ has been derived from a Latin word that means ‘Dark Chamber’.
- There are 12 Hasselblad cameras left on the moon that captured the first moon landing.
- The very first instant camera was invented by Samuel Shlafrock that consisted of a camera and a portable wet dark room in a single section.
- Fashion photography was invented by the French and the first fashion magazine was ‘Le Mode Practique’.
- French photographer Gaspar Felix Tournachon took the first known aerial photograph. He was a balloonist and took the photograph from a hot air balloon.
Cite This Page
You may cut-and-paste the below MLA and APA citation examples:
MLA Style Citation
Declan, Tobin. " Fun Facts for Kids about Photography ." Easy Science for Kids, May 2020. Web. 26 May 2020. < https://easyscienceforkids.com/photography-facts/ >.
APA Style Citation
Tobin, Declan. (2020). Fun Facts for Kids about Photography. Easy Science for Kids. Retrieved from https://easyscienceforkids.com/photography-facts/
We've recently added
- Vinegar and Baking Soda Fire Extinguisher
- Power of Bleach
- Comparing Surface Tension of Liquids with Pennies
- Ice Cream Chemistry
- Using Distillation to Purify Water
- Filter Water with Dirt
- Build a Balloon Barometer
- Build Your Very Own Seismograph
- Explore the Wet-Sand Effect at Home
- How to Bake Ice Cream Without it Melting
- Make your Artwork Dance!
- Food Insecurity
Sponsored Links :