The Human Heart Video for Kids
Enjoy seeing a great selected and extremely easy to understand The Human Heart video:
The Human Heart
The human heart is one of the most important organs in the human body. It pumps blood into the arteries carrying oxygen and other nutrients to all the tissues of the body. It is the hardest working muscle in the body that beats nonstop. It would pump more than 1 million barrels of blood in a lifetime. Approximately 100 Olympic size pools can be filled with the amount of blood pumped by the human heart in a lifetime. It is a fist-sized powerhouse that beats approximately 100,000 times a day and more than two billion times in the entire lifetime.
Fast Facts: –
- The structure of our heart is known as cardiac anatomy. It allows us to understand how this organ works.
- Except for the corneas, every cell in our body gets the blood supply from the heart.
- The circulatory system is made of blood vessels that are muscular, elastic tubes that carry blood to every part of the body.
- Christian Barnard of South Africa was the person who completed the first successful heart transplant in 1967.
- The average weight of a healthy heart is approximately 250-300 grams.
- Monday is the most common day of the week for heart attacks.
- In average conditions, female human heart beats faster than a male human heart.
- Contrary to a popular belief, our heart does not stop when we sneeze.
- Aorta is the largest artery in the body that runs down from the heart to the abdomen.
- The right side of the heart pumps the blood up into lungs and the left side of the heart pumps blood out to the entire body.
Cite This Page
You may cut-and-paste the below MLA and APA citation examples:
MLA Style Citation
Declan, Tobin. " All Facts for Kids about the Human Heart ." Easy Science for Kids, Jul 2020. Web. 12 Jul 2020. < https://easyscienceforkids.com/the-human-heart-video-for-kids/ >.
APA Style Citation
Tobin, Declan. (2020). All Facts for Kids about the Human Heart. Easy Science for Kids. Retrieved from https://easyscienceforkids.com/the-human-heart-video-for-kids/
We've recently added
- How To Build a Winogradsky Column and Learn About Soil Science
- Potato Light Bulb Experiment
- How To Use Friction to Pick Up Bottle of Rice
- How To Make Popcorn Dance
- Vinegar and Baking Soda Fire Extinguisher
- Power of Bleach
- Comparing Surface Tension of Liquids with Pennies
- Ice Cream Chemistry
- Using Distillation to Purify Water
- Filter Water with Dirt
- Build a Balloon Barometer
- Build Your Very Own Seismograph
Sponsored Links :