Wolverines – The Fierce Fighters
Wolverines aren’t related to wolves, although they look a bit like small bears. They’re actually related to weasels and badgers. Wolverines live in cold climates like Canada and northern Europe. They have long, stout bodies like a badger. Their fur is thick and is black or gray, with white markings on their faces and tummies.
Wolverines are solitary animals. A wolverine can walk up to 15 miles each day looking for food. A male wolverine often lives in a burrow or den with a few female wolverines and their babies. Wolverines are carnivores. They eat fruit or nuts, but they like meat best.
Fun Facts about Wolverines for Kids
- Wolverines eat birds, rabbits, squirrels, eggs and lizards. Sometimes they kill bigger animals or even eat dead animals like moose and caribou.
- Wolverines are fierce fighters. They will fight off wolves and bears.
- Like badgers, wolverines can dig into burrows to catch hibernating animals.
- Wolverine moms raise their babies underground in burrows.
- Stout: Thick
- Solitary: Alone
- Carnivore: Eats meat
- Fierce: Tough, brave
- Hibernate: Deep winter sleep
Learn More All About Wolverines
Watch this amazing video all about wolverines:
A video documentary about the lives of wolverines.
Question: Do wolverines live in the United States?
Answer: Wolverines do live in remote areas, such as Montana and Washington. Humans rarely see them.
Question: Are wolverines dangerous?
Answer: Wolverines are fierce hunters and wild animals. They will fight back if bothered.
Enjoyed the Easy Science for Kids Website all about Wolverines info? Take the FREE & fun Wolverines quiz and download FREE Wolverines worksheet for kids. For lengthy info click here.
Cite This Page
You may cut-and-paste the below MLA and APA citation examples:
MLA Style Citation
Declan, Tobin. " Fun Wolverine Facts for Kids ." Easy Science for Kids, Jul 2020. Web. 05 Jul 2020. < https://easyscienceforkids.com/all-about-wolverines/ >.
APA Style Citation
Tobin, Declan. (2020). Fun Wolverine Facts for Kids. Easy Science for Kids. Retrieved from https://easyscienceforkids.com/all-about-wolverines/
We've recently added
- How To Build a Winogradsky Column and Learn About Soil Science
- Potato Light Bulb Experiment
- How To Use Friction to Pick Up Bottle of Rice
- How To Make Popcorn Dance
- Vinegar and Baking Soda Fire Extinguisher
- Power of Bleach
- Comparing Surface Tension of Liquids with Pennies
- Ice Cream Chemistry
- Using Distillation to Purify Water
- Filter Water with Dirt
- Build a Balloon Barometer
- Build Your Very Own Seismograph
Sponsored Links :