It is also the reason why the moon stays in orbit around earth. Gravity does not have a dual nature. It only attracts, never repels. Sir Isaac Newton discovered the gravity. Stars burn because of gravity as it squeezes their matter together.
Fun Facts: –
- Gravity represents the attraction between objects as it affects all the objects with mass.
- The moon’s gravitational pull on the oceans causes the tides on earth.
- Human body cannot function properly without gravity as they are optimized to function in the earth’s gravity.
- According to Albert Einstein, gravity is not a force. It is phenomenon what we see and feel.
- Gravity travels at the speed of light.
- Gravity’s inverse square law states that the reach of gravitational attraction is technically infinite.
- This invisible force works towards the earth’s center.
- The strongest gravitational force in the entire universe is the one that works on black holes.
- Most people confuse gravity and weight with each other but both are completely different.
- On earth, gravity is actually different on the basis of your location on the planet.
- Mountains cannot be taller than 49,213 feet on earth because of the gravitational force.
- Astronauts do not consume soda or carbonated drinks in space because there is no gravity to separate the liquid and gas.
Cite This Page
You may cut-and-paste the below MLA and APA citation examples:
MLA Style Citation
Declan, Tobin. " Fun Facts about Gravitational force for Kids ." Easy Science for Kids, Oct 2019. Web. 23 Oct 2019. < https://easyscienceforkids.com/gravity-fun-facts/ >.
APA Style Citation
Tobin, Declan. (2019). Fun Facts about Gravitational force for Kids. Easy Science for Kids. Retrieved from https://easyscienceforkids.com/gravity-fun-facts/
Sponsored Links :