Hamsters – Cute Little Animals
Hamsters are smaller than guinea pigs but bigger than mice. They are very cute, and seem like good pets. There are a few things you should know before getting a hamster. Hamsters are nocturnal. They stay awake at night, playing, gnawing and making noise. They don’t like to be bothered during the day and might even bite.
Hamsters are fragile. They can easily be hurt. Most hamsters only live two or three years. They can also carry diseases that can make you sick. For all these reasons, hamsters aren’t the best pets.
Fun Facts about Hamsters for Kids
- Hamsters were first found in Syria. They live all over the world.
- Hamsters hoard their food. They stuff their mouths full and then spit out and hide some of the food for later.
- Hamsters like to play. They need exercise wheels or tunnels. They shred paper and cardboard.
- Hamsters have teeth that always grow.
- Hamsters can catch a cold from humans.
- Nocturnal: Awake at night
- Fragile: Easily hurt
- Gnaw: Chew
- Shred: Tear up
- Hoard: Save, pile up
Learn More All about Hamsters
Check out this fun video about hamsters and caring for them:
A video all about hamsters and how to care for them as pets.
Question: Can hamsters live with other hamsters?
Answer: Hamsters sometimes fight. They are happier alone.
Question: What do hamsters eat?
Answer: They eat hamster food, raisins, sunflower seeds or fruit.
Cite This Page
You may cut-and-paste the below MLA and APA citation examples:
MLA Style Citation
Declan, Tobin. " Fun Hamster Facts for Kids ." Easy Science for Kids, Jan 2020. Web. 29 Jan 2020. < https://easyscienceforkids.com/all-about-hamsters/ >.
APA Style Citation
Tobin, Declan. (2020). Fun Hamster Facts for Kids. Easy Science for Kids. Retrieved from https://easyscienceforkids.com/all-about-hamsters/
Sponsored Links :