You won’t find tropical birds in your backyard. Wild tropical birds are only found in very warm climates, but they are often raised as pets. Toucans, parrots, parakeets and cockatoos are among the smartest birds on the planet. They can learn tricks and even copy your speech. Some can sing songs.
Fun Facts about Tropical and Exotic Birds
- The parrot family includes parrots, macaws, cockatoos, cockatiels and parakeets, among others.
- Parrots can live 80 years or more.
- Tropical birds are very noisy. They scream and screech.
- These clever birds need a large cage or aviary. They get into trouble if they’re bored.
Tropical and Exotic Bird Vocabulary
- Bill: beak
- Omnivore: eats both plants and meat
- Screech: loud, harsh noise
- Clever: intelligent
- Aviary: large home for birds
Learn More All About Tropical and Exotic Birds
Take a trip to the tropical rainforest through this video and learn about the different kinds of exotic birds:
A documentary clip that teaches all about all about tropical and exotic birds and how to identify them.
Tropical and Exotic Bird Q&A
Question: Do tropical birds make nests?
Answer: Sometimes, but usually they lay their eggs in holes in trees.
Question: Do toucans like fruity cereal?
Answer: Maybe, but fresh fruit is better for them.
Enjoyed the Easy Science for Kids Website all about Tropical and Exotic Birds info? Take the FREE & fun Tropical and Exotic Birds quiz and download FREE Tropical and Exotic Birds worksheet for kids. For lengthy info click here.