Water Molecules Video for Kids
Water Molecules Facts
Water is the most vital and common thing for existence of life on the earth. It is made up of two elements, hydrogen and oxygen and chemical formula is H2O. It means two hydrogen molecules are bonded with one oxygen molecule. Water has three states, when liquid it is called water, when gas it is called vapour and when solid it is called ice.
Quick Facts: –
- About 70% of our body is also made up of water. And at the time of our birth, the figure was 80%.
- Water is a good solvent. It easily dissolves with salt, sugar and other acids. But some other things like fat, oils etc. do not mix with water.
- Pure water does not have any colour, smell or taste as it has a pH around 7.
- In normal conditions, water boils at 100°C and freezes at 0°C.
- Frozen water means ice takes up more space than the liquid form. It is the reason why many water pipes burst in winters.
- At the polar ice caps of the planet mars, water is found in the form of ice.
- The temperature of your surroundings decides the amount of water you require each day.
- Flowing water can generate electricity. This entire process takes place in hydroelectric power stations.
- More than 70% surface of our planet is covered by water with an approximate amount of 325 million cubic miles.
- 8% of the world’s water is in the form of ice and cannot be used.
- A person can live 30 days without food but cannot survive more than 7 days without water.
- More than 90% of world’s fresh water is in Antarctica and cannot be used.
Cite This Page
You may cut-and-paste the below MLA and APA citation examples:
MLA Style Citation
Declan, Tobin. " Fun Facts for Kids about Water Molecules ." Easy Science for Kids, Feb 2020. Web. 25 Feb 2020. < https://easyscienceforkids.com/water-molecules-video-for-kids/ >.
APA Style Citation
Tobin, Declan. (2020). Fun Facts for Kids about Water Molecules. Easy Science for Kids. Retrieved from https://easyscienceforkids.com/water-molecules-video-for-kids/
Sponsored Links :